Welcome to First Grade!
We are working on....
Learning our school and classroom rules and routines with the goal of becoming independent, this includes the morning routine of backpacks, snack and lunch.
Thank you for your support!
Classroom wish lists below:
- Facial tissues *of any brand
- Copy Paper – white / bright colors
- Sticky notes - *of any brand
- Dry Erase markers - *of any brand
- Glue Sticks - *of any brand
- Plastic "Ziplock" bags – gallon , quart , sandwich sizes
*of any brand
- Sheet Protectors
- 3 x 5 white index cards
- Paper towels - *of any brand
- Plain Cheerios (without sugar) *of any brand
Our bilingual model requires that the teacher only speak Spanish in front of our students. Therefore, we encourage parents to email us with non-urgent question or concern.
Please remember to read daily with your child, spend time talking about the books they are reading and make sure to visit the library. We also wanted to remind you to stop by the office and pick up the paperwork and information needed to get fingerprinted for upcoming field trips.
Thank you for all your support!
1st grade Teachers
- Maestra Pati - Room 5
Schedule for Room 5
- Maestra Griselda - Room 6
Schedule for Room 6
- Maestra Patricia- Room 7
Schedule for Room 7
- Maestra Cathy - Room 8
Schedule for Room 8
Upcoming events and Announcements
- Marine Science Institute - fieldtrip
September 24th Rooms 6 & 8
September 27th Rooms 5 & 7
- CuriOdyssey - October to November classrooms and dates vary
- Parent Teacher Conferences - minimum days Sept. 28-Oct. 4th
Fall Break will be from Friday, October 5th through Friday, October 19.
We return on Monday, October 22.
Websites we use in school and at home
- Colorin Colorado - educational information for families
- Reading Rockets- educational information for families
- IXL Math - see Media Center tab on FGIS site