Here are some ways you can help our school:
If you would like to donate money, please check the DonorsChoose.org website to see which of our teachers have projects listed there. Check it out by going to the Donors Choose website and finding our school. And spread the word! Anyone, anywhere can donate. You just need to tell them which project to donate to.
Go to DonorsChoose.org, type "Fiesta Gardens International School" in the Search box and you will see all projects listed by our teachers. You can then sign up to be notified whenever a teacher posts a new project from our school.
If you are able to, please help our teachers!
Help Directing Traffic
We need volunteers to help direct traffic in our school parking lot from 7:45am - 8:35am and from 2:20 pm - 3pm. If you are available to help, please contact Eva at the office.
Volunteers Needed for 3rd-5th grade Reading Buddies Program at Fiesta Gardens International School
Reading Buddies are volunteers who support FGIS (Fiesta Gardens International School) students performing below grade level in reading & vocabulary. A Reading Buddy meets individually with 1-2 students for 20-30 minutes each, listening to the student read & supports the student through encouragement & asking questions.
- English & Spanish speakers to volunteer their time to support students in either language.
- Volunteers on Friday between 8:40 am – 10:20 am.
If you are not available on Fridays, we can still team you with a student to read with Monday – Thursday between 8:40am – 10:20am, as long as it is a consistent day and time every week.
- You must come one Friday morning between 8:40am – 10:20am for a short training with Erica Fowler the Reading Buddies Coordinator, and to be assigned a student to read with.
- A weekly commitment for one or more sessions is appreciated.
- School sessions are – Summer, Fall, Winter, Spring
For more information contact Elizabeth Nordt, Reading Buddy Coordinator & FGIS Parent: Email: email@example.com.